B.Tech in Information Technology Project names and Ideas
Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology is a four-year engineering course offered by various technical institutions in India. There lies a good scope for this course as the IT industry is developing quickly in India. Students who are pursuing this course should do a project related to their subject in the final year as a part of their curriculum. They can choose any computer language to design their project according to their skills.
Final year Project names and ideas
Airline Reservation System – Airline Reservation Systems contains the details of airline schedules, fare tariffs, passenger reservations, and ticket records. This system is divided into three modules, Airline Inventory, Schedule Distribution System and Fare Quote System. Airline inventory contains the details of all flights and their available seats. Schedule Distribution System manages the passenger reservations and ticket records by making use of the information available in Airline Inventory. Fare Quote System contains information on ticket fares and booking conditions. Based on this information price for each sold seat is calculated.
AutoEdit Software – This software reduces the difficulty experienced in copy editing and proofing jobs. It simplifies the process of various logical comparisons needed for this job. Thus this software is very much useful in the publishing industry.
Customer Response Management – Customer Response Management can be used in different manufacturing companies for evaluating the response of customers regarding various products. This system consists of two modules such as the Administrative section and Client login section. Customers can log in to the client login section using login id and password to register their complaints. They can obtain the id and password after registration. The administrative section will verify the complaints and answer them.
College management system – College management system is a web application that connects all students, faculties, and employees of the institution through any internet-enabled device. Each user will be given a username and password by which they can access this system to take part in various academic and non-academic activities of the institution.
Online Movie Reservation – Customers can book their movie tickets using this online movie reservation system without going to the theatres. This system is like a web portal where the customer can select the theatres and confirm their reservations after booking the tickets.
Other Project Ideas
Students can do both web-oriented projects and database-oriented projects during their final year. Therefore there are so many project ideas are available in this field. Some of them are given below.
- Controlling IP Spoofing through Inter-Domain Packet filters
- Wireless content management system for mobile device
- Face identification during the change of color and facial expression
- Digital Water Marking For Video Piracy Detection
- ATM Banking System
- Shopping Assistance using Data Mining Technique
- RFID Employee Tracking
Choose the Industry
As most of the industries are now using information technology, students can choose any industry according to their interests. It is better to do projects in private or public firms that can provide certification along with assistance.
ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS
Best IEEE projects list for Electrical Engineering Students
“Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning”
– Winston Churchill
I found this quote to be more intriguing and resonating with the current engineering student’s mind-set. Several engineering students are finding it extremely difficult to decide upon a good project topic to do for their curriculum.
Especially, this is very challenging for electrical engineering students as they need to come up with a project topic that should be both innovative to showcase their skillsets to recruiters as well as simple enough to learn and complete within the short period that they have.
Because of this, several EEE students go into an advance worrying mindset which lowers their confidence and enforce themselves to go for ready-made projects that are sold on the black market.
By buying such ready-made projects, they are not only compromising their learning but also their engineering career. As you know already that the projects you build play a very vital role in getting good core engineering jobs and acquiring higher studies admissions in esteemed universities.
Have you checked out our projects on Electrical yet?
Electrical Kit will be shipped to you and you can build using tutorials. You can start with a free demo today!
1. Home Automation using IoT
2. Smart Energy Meter using GSM
3. Home Automation System
4. Solar & Smart Energy Systems
5. Automatic Solar Tracker
6. 5 Arduino Projects
7. 4 Smart Energy Projects
8. PCB Manufacturing
9. Smart Traffic Lighting System
So avoid buying ready-made projects at any cost.
If you take a reference to what Winston Churchill stated above, you can channel the advance worrying in an efficient way to do better thinking and planning to finish your project campaign successfully.
But, this still doesn’t help you with the solution for doing the project, isn’t it?
Changing your mindset to advanced thinking and planning is one thing but putting them into action is another thing. You need some tools at your disposal to achieve this effect.
IEEE projects list is one such tool that can help you select a good Electrical Engineering (EEE) Project topic.
IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers), is the world’s largest technical professional society dedicated to research about the advancing technologies and innovations happening across the globe. The society is designed to help professionals in the field of electric, electronic and computing fields.
By referring to the IEEE Electrical Engineering (EEE) projects list, you can get a pretty good idea about the trending technological topics, advanced implementation methodologies, and processes. From them, you can shortlist a list of topics which suits your requirement and plan accordingly along with your team members.
Important points to be noted to complete a successful IEEE project:
Referring to the IEEE EEE projects list alone is not enough to complete your electrical engineering project. You need to prepare a plan and execute it accordingly. Below are some important points that will help you complete an IEEE project successfully.
- Shortlist only the project topics that are feasible for you to complete. Consider the infrastructure facilities, resources, and mentors available at your disposal before deciding with the topic.
- Once you shortlist an IEEE Electrical project topic, identify all the technologies that you need to learn before complete the project successfully on your own. Then start learning those technologies before you begin with your engineering project.
- Stick to your area of interest. It might be tempting to go for an EEE project topic that represents a domain that is completely alien to you, but remember the objective of doing engineering projects is to increase your skillsets and help you land in your dream core job.
- Check for the ready availability of resources needed to complete the project. If your project requires rare electrical & mechanical components, then you might not be able to acquire them within the short project duration that you have. So be cautious while selecting such project topics.
- Prior planning is very vital to complete your IEEE Electrical project. Try to predict the timeline for project completion and modify it to match with the project duration that you have.
Latest projects on Electrical
Want to develop practical skills in Electrical? Check out our latest projects and start learning for free
Start your free demo
Here are some of the trending IEEE projects list for Electrical Engineering (EEE) students:
1. Solar Tracking System with Automatic Panel Cleaning Mechanism for Efficient Power Generation: The main objective of this electrical project is to develop a device that can generate electricity by trapping the natural energy sources. We all know that solar power is one of the most abundant energy source available, yet we utilize it’s potential so little.
Through this project you will develop an electrical device that can trap solar energy with the help of solar panels and to improve the efficiency, the panels can orient themselves to the direction of maximum light intensity at a given time. Also, these solar panels will a unique mechanism that facilitates the automatic cleaning operation to generate maximum electricity by trapping more intense solar rays.
Technology you need to know: Automatic Solar Tracking System (learn more)
2. Smart Meter for Power Factor Enhancement in Real-Time: The existing energy meter that we use day-to-day in our lives poses several challenges and obstructs the power factor enhancement. Some of the major problems include difficulty in construction, poor real-time, too low rate and narrow bandwidth, no two-way communication, etc. To solve these problems, the energy meter should be made smarter.
The objective of this project is to develop an automatic meter reading system that can track energy consumption in real-time and informs both the Electricity Board & the consumer to make them aware of energy usage. This will greatly impact the electricity usage behavior of consumers and also the data that is being collected will be stored on the cloud platform and will be used to intimate users in real-time.
Technology you need to know: Smart Energy Meter using Arduino (learn more), IoT Application with Arduino (learn more)
3. Automatic Fault Detection and Location of Transmission Lines using IoT: Energy leakage is one of the major problems that the corporation faces in recent times. Bringing this leakage under control is next to impossible with the electrical transmission lines running millions of miles across the country. The only way to solve this problem is to come up with a mechanism that can detect the fault in an electricity transmission line automatically and intimate the authorities with a specific location.
Through this project, you will develop a device that uses sensors to sense the incoming & outgoing values and detect anomalies. And also the system will be integrated with the IoT mechanism, to intimate the responsible people in real-time with the location information and scale of leakage with an App.
Technology you need to know: IoT Application with Arduino (learn more)
4. Fire Fighting Robot: With urbanization on the rise, it is becoming more and more difficult for corporations to meet consumer demands. This includes assuring safety, uninterrupted power & water supply, efficient roadways & transportation means. One of the biggest challenges is to provide immediate response to a fire break out. With the traffic at peaks during the working hours, it is becoming very tedious for the fire department to reach the site on time. One way to solve this is to implement autonomous robotic systems that can act immediately.
Through this project, you will develop a fire fighting robot that can detect the fire, move in that direction and put it off. The robot will be equipped with IR sensors to detect the fire happening at longer ranges, DC motors to help them move in the direction of fire, Fan or Extinguisher that is mounted on the robot to put out the fire and a microcontroller to process & control all the operations.
Technology you need to know: Fire Fighting Robot with Arduino (learn more)
Did you know
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enroll with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
5. Energy Meter Billing with Theft Detection: Electricity became an inevitable part of our lives and our day-to-day tasks largely depend on it. You can’t imagine a day now without electricity, all the machines that make us work more efficiently & conveniently runs on electricity. Such is the importance of this resource and citing the vulnerability of our energy metering systems, a large number of power thefts are also happening each day.
The objective of this project is to develop a smart energy meter that will help in reducing the illegal usage of power and lessens the power theft. This can be achieved by programming the energy meter to send real-time power consumption data to both the electricity board and consumers. Also, the energy meter will facilitate the storage of data on the cloud platform, so any surge in the power consumption can be tracked in real-time and rectified immediately without any delay.
Technology you need to know: Smart Energy Meter using Arduino (learn more), IoT Application with Arduino (learn more)
6. Design and Implementation of an Advanced Security System – Invisible Eye: Security has become one of the major concerns among the people living in cities thanks to the increase in crime rates in recent times. But with the recent technological advancements, the security systems as we see have developed into an entirely different industry itself.
The objective of this project is to develop an electrical device that will act as the smart security system for a place and prevent theft from happening. The device will be equipped with PIR (passive infrared) sensors to detect the movements within the house premises and alert the residents accordingly with the help of a buzzer. Also, the system will be connected with the internet to send updates to a remote user on a real-time basis.
Technology you need to know: Smart Building Systems with PIR (learn more), IoT Application with Arduino (learn more)
7. Android Based Device Control – Home or Office Automation: The objective of this project is to develop an automation mechanism to control all the devices at Home/ Office. The communication can happen either through Bluetooth or WiFi mode. And these electrical devices can be controlled using an Android App installed on a mobile phone. This process will help in the automation of electrical devices at home and can be controlled with an Android App from a remote location.
Technology you need to know: Home Automation System (learn more), Smart Building Systems (learn more)
8. Biometric System Based Electronic Voting Machine using Raspberry Pi: The objective of this project is to develop an electronic device that will use biometric-based authentication to take in the votes during the election. With many discrepancies happening with the election process across the globe, there is a great need to develop a much smarter voting machine and this project will provide an innovative solution for that. Since biometrics are unique to each individual, tampering of votes will not be possible and the government can easily verify for the authenticity of the votes. The device will also be integrated with the cloud platform using Raspberry Pi. So the data collected will be stored online and can be checked by any remote user from anywhere on the earth.
Technology you need to know: Biometrics based Authentication (learn more), IoT Application with Raspberry Pi (learn more)
9. Voice Controlled Home Automation using Raspberry Pi: With the usage of smart electronic devices on rise, a lot of companies are racing against each other to develop more innovative devices for the consumers. One such latest advancement that these companies had brought in is the usage of speech recognition technology. This particular technology provides a more convenient way of using electronic devices among consumers.
The objective of this project is to develop an electronic device that will be connected to all the home appliances and can be used to control all of them using speech recognition technology. The user can simply give his/her voice commands to switch ON/OFF all the electronic devices that are embedded within the home. The device will use Raspberry Pi as its brain and it will also facilitate internet connectivity. So a user from anywhere on earth can control the home appliances just by giving voice commands.
Technology you need to know: Voice Controlled System (learn more), IoT Application with Raspberry Pi (learn more)
10. Vehicle Anti-Theft Tracking System based on the Internet of Things: With the urbanization on the rise, the number of vehicles especially cars entering the roadways has increased significantly over recent years. This enforced the automobile manufacturing companies to come up with smarter cars that can facilitate advanced tracking systems, real-time internet connectivity, best in class dashboard infotainment systems, etc. Among these, the tracking system that is embedded in the cars has a very significant role as it can help the owners in the anti-theft car tracking too.
The objective of this project is to develop one such car tracking device that can accurately show the car’s location in real-time and facilitate the anti-theft mechanism too. The device will be embedded with a GPS module that can track the car’s location and a Raspberry Pi that facilitates internet connectivity. So anyone across the globe can track the car’s location from anywhere on earth easily. This particular device will also be very helpful in case of theft.
Technology you need to know: Vehicle Tracking System using GPS (learn more), IoT Application with Raspberry Pi (learn more)
Some of the other IEEE Electrical Engineering (EEE) project topics are mentioned below:
- Battery Management System using Arduino
- Implementation of a Web of Things Based Smart Grid to Remotely Monitor and Control Renewable Energy Sources
- Enable – Example of an Advanced Metering Infrastructure based on Zigbee
- Power Factor Metering System using Arduino
- Using the Arduino Development Platform in the Diagnosis of AC Electrical Machines
- Design and Implementation of Real-Time Transformer Health Monitoring System using Gsm Technology
- Design and Implementation of an Advanced Security System – Invisible Eye (Power Saving System)
- Foot Step based Power Generation and Multi-Purpose Optimization
- Universal Electrical Power Generation and Multipurpose Optimization – Solar, Wind, and Rain
- Electrical Substation Scrutinizing and Controlling Device from Remote Area
- Wireless Power Transmission
- Transformer Industrial Parameters Management Control System and Intimation to Electricity Board
- Online Speed Control of DC Motor with High-Speed Network
- Energy Scrutiny System with Auto Load
- Talking Energy Meter
- MicroController based Intelligent Multi Timer System for Industrial Automation
- Auto Digital-Speed Indicator with Speed Control
- GSM and PIR Sensor based Light Controller and Networked Safety System
- Electric Field and Ultrasonic Sensor based Security System
- Mobile Controlled DC Motor Speed Controller
Above are some of the best IEEE Electrical Engineering Students (EEE) project topics that you can select and build your innovative engineering project.
I hope you got some good IEEE EEE project ideas from this article. You can contact us at 1800-200-3855 if you need to talk to our expert team.
Also, shoot out your queries by commenting below, we will assist you at the earliest.
Good luck with your engineering project!