Latest Electrical (EEE) Projects List for Electrical Engineering students
I have been working with a large number of colleges and students over the last 2 years to help them learn by building projects. Our team visited a number of colleges and trained more than 100,000 students all over India. Those students are now coming back to me (and my team members) and asking us for more projects to do. Here are some of the queries they have – what are the latest EEE projects to build? What are the trending technologies in electrical engineering? What are the latest technological skills that an EEE student should have to improve job prospects? etc.
I am assuming more of you will have similar queries. So here I am writing down the list of simple electrical projects and ideas which will help an Electrical Engineering Student to select and build good projects that will help him/her in the future.
Have you checked out our projects on Electrical yet?
Electrical Kit will be shipped to you and you can build using tutorials. You can start with a free demo today!
1. Home Automation using IoT
2. Smart Energy Meter using GSM
3. Home Automation System
4. Solar & Smart Energy Systems
5. Automatic Solar Tracker
6. 5 Arduino Projects
7. 4 Smart Energy Projects
8. PCB Manufacturing
9. Smart Traffic Lighting System
Here is the brief info of above mentioned electrical project topics,
1. Home Automation System electrical project:
Recent technological advancements enable us to build smarter homes that contribute to energy saving and decreasing human effort. Automation is one such technology that is being widely implemented to control all the electrical appliances automatically/ remotely, saving energy and human effort. Through this electrical engineering project, you will build a system that connects the electrical appliances with Bluetooth and can be controlled via a mobile App. The system can also be programmed to switch ON/ OFF automatically based on user needs.
Since this project offers a lot of scope for modification and innovation, you can choose this topic for your mini or major electrical engineering (EEE) project.
To build a Home Automation Electrical Project you need 3 major components,
- Microcontroller – It acts as the brain of the system and controls the process
- Bluetooth Module – It is used to connect the system to the mobile via an Android App
- Relay Drivers – It will be used to convert and provide the necessary voltage to operate the electrical appliances
Check home automation project details & try free demo
Latest projects on Electrical
Want to develop practical skills in Electrical? Check out our latest projects and start learning for free
Start your free demo
2. Solar and Smart Energy System electrical project:
We have been hearing about how Elon Musk is transforming the renewable energy market and bringing in more innovation to it. Reports state that more power from the sun hits Earth in a single hour than humanity uses in an entire year, yet we use solar energy at 0.39% for our energy consumption. Building solar projects will help you to learn the technology from basics. The main theme of this electrical engineering (EEE) project is to develop a solar energy-based battery charger and use that to power up a smart traffic lighting system.
For those who want to pursue a career in renewable energies, you can choose this electrical project to learn and build for your mini or major engineering projects.
4 major components are required to build this electrical project,
- Solar panel – It is used to collect the sun rays and convert into voltage
- IR sensors – this will be used to detect the vehicle movements & send data
- Microcontroller – used to process the data from sensors & control the traffic lights accordingly
- LED’s– to display the desired output based on the voltage from micro-controller
Check solar and smart energy project details & try free demo
3. Smart Irrigation System using IoT electrical project:
Internet of Things (IoT) is an upcoming technology that is going to revolutionize all the electronic gadgets that we see today in the coming years. This particular project is an application of the Internet of Things (IoT) Technology. The main theme of this electrical project is to develop a device that can monitor the moisture content of the soil and turn on the water pump automatically whenever the moisture drops below a threshold value. This device can also be programmed to send the user an update via email regard to the moisture level changes from a remote location.
This electrical project is a must-do for engineering students who want to have a career in the IoT domain.
To build this Smart Irrigation Project you will need 4 major components
- Soil Moisture Sensor – It will act as the brain of the system and sends voltage to the water pump
- Arduino Uno – It is used to connect the system to the mobile via an Android App
- WiFi Module – This will be integrated into the system so that the user can get updates remotely
- Water Pump – It receives the voltage from Arduino and turn ON/ OFF the water flow
Check smart irrigation project details & try free demo
Did you know
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enroll with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
4. Animatronics Hand Project:
Mechatronics is an upcoming technology that facilitates the machine to mimic the action of humans and animals and produce more natural movements. This particular technology is being widely used in the film industries, automation industries, etc, The main theme of this electrical project is to build a device that can record the movement of the hand and send the signals to an animatronic hand which then mimics the movement.
If you are amazed by the concept of mechatronics technology and wish to develop hands-on skills, then you can build this electrical project for your engineering curriculum and get skilled.
To build this electrical project you will need 3 major components,
- Flux Sensors – which will be attached to a glove to record the hand movement
- Arduino Uno – It will act as the Brain of the system & process the signals from sensor
- Servo Motors – which gets the voltage input from Arduino & facilitates the movement
Check animatronics hand project details & try free demo
5. Weather Monitoring System using IoT:
This project is also an application of the Internet of Things (IoT). Reports state that IoT Technology is going to transform into a multi-trillion dollar market and more than a billion devices will be connected to the Internet using this technology by 2020. So building projects on this technology will help you to understand it better. By doing this electrical project you will develop an electronic device that can sense the temperature/ humidity changes and send updates to the user from a remote location. It can be programmed such that the user will get an email and SMS update based on the threshold value.
You need 3 major components to build this electrical project,
- DHT Sensor – It will detect the temperature/ humidity changes in the environment
- Arduino Uno – It will act as the brain of the system and processes the data from the sensor
- WiFi Module – This will be used to integrate the system onto the cloud and send updates to the user
Check weather monitoring system project details & try free demo
6.Automatic Solar Tracker Project:
Reports state that, if solar is 20% efficient at turning solar energy into power, as it has been in lab tests, we would only need to cover a land area about the size of Spain to power the entire Earth renewably in 2030. So rather than just building a Solar Energy based project, you can build a project that can improve the efficiency of Solar Energy. This electrical project involves building a solar device that can automatically sense the intensity of sunlight and orient itself to get the maximum voltage from the sun. When compared to a fixed solar panel, this tracking system produces 40% more energy.
4 major components are needed to build this electrical project,
- Solar Panel – which will be used to convert the sunlight to voltage
- LDR sensor – used to sense the intensity of light coming on to the system
- Arduino Board – collects data from the sensor and sends voltage to the motors
- DC Motor – gets voltage from the system and orients the solar panel accordingly
Check automatic solar tracker project details & try free demo
7. Robotic Arm Project:
Robots are beginning to cross that line from absolutely primitive motion to motion that resembles animal or human behavior. Robotic arm is one such mechatronics application that can operate autonomously to handle the industrial process that needs more physical effort/ contagious in nature. By doing this electrical project you will build a Robotic Arm that can be controlled by human hand gestures to move along 3 axes and carry out operations like pick/place, drop, etc.
You need to work with the following components to build the robotic arm project,
- ADXL Accelerometer Sensor – It will be used to detect the human gestures (3 axis)
- Arduino Uno – Acts as the brain and process the signals coming from the ADXL sensor
- Servo Motors – Multiple of them will be used to facilitate individual arm movements
Check robotic arm project details & try free demo
8. Smart Lighting System using PIR:
Smart Energy Systems are designed to adapt to the changing environment parameters and produce output accordingly. These kinds of systems are being widely implemented in homes to reduce energy consumption and human effort. Through this electrical project, you will develop a device that can detect the human presence with the help of the PIR sensor and controls the lighting accordingly. The device can also be programmed to switch ON/ OFF the appliances based on the number of occupants.
You will need 3 major components to build this electrical project,
- PIR sensors – used to detect the human presence and will be connected to the system
- Microcontroller – It acts as the brain of the system & process the data from sensor
- Relay Drivers – converts the voltage coming from the micro-controller to power up the lights
Check smart lighting system project details & try free demo
9. Smart Energy Meter using GSM:
Energy consumption monitoring is essential for any industry to understand the trends for a period of time. The data acquired during monitoring will help to take the necessary steps for saving energy. Through this electrical project, you can develop a device that can monitor energy consumption and can be integrated into any industry. The system can also be programmed to send updates to the user via SMS whenever the energy is consumed beyond a threshold value.
You will need the following components to complete the electrical project,
- Energy Meter – used to get the output pulse in accord to the energy consumed
- Arduino Uno – gets the pulse from the energy meter and process the data
- GSM Module – used to send the data to the user via SMS as an update
Check smart energy meter project details & try free demo
10. Health Monitoring Glove Project:
Wearable Technologies are devices that can be worn by the user & simultaneously process and display relevant information on the wearer. Wearables are considered as the biggest innovation in technology since the smartphone – and the possibilities are endless. Through this project, you will build an electronic device that can be worn and used to display the heart rate of any individual on the display mounted on the glove.
If you are fascinated with the wearable gadgets and wants to know how the whole system operates, then this electrical project is just for you.
The following components are needed to complete this electrical project,
- Lilypad Arduino – it is miniature Arduino which can be integrated on to the fabric
- Pulse Sensor Amped – used to detect the pulse and send the info to the microcontroller
- TM1637 Display – used to display the processed value coming from the Arduino
Check health monitoring project details & try free demo
Can I use the above electrical project topics for mini/major projects?
Of course, you can use the above mentioned electrical projects to do for your engineering curriculum. Since the above electrical projects integrate the latest technology, they offer you a lot of scope for learning and understanding the innovative technologies. Remember, the main objective of doing electrical mini or major projects is to strengthen your learning of engineering concepts. So always choose electrical project topics that offer you a very good learning opportunity.
In case you are interested to do innovative electrical engineering projects but don’t know where to start, Skyfi Labs has developed Online Project-Based Courses that you can use to build your projects in the best way possible. Our Learn-Do-Review Methodology ensures you learn while you build your mini or final year projects. Kits needed will be dispatched to you within 24 hours and you get instant access to the course content. Using the kits and course content, EEE students can build super awesome Electrical Engineering Projects!
Build Innovative Electrical (EEE) Engineering Projects using Skyfi Labs Online Project Based Courses. Click here to check all the projects.